Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Opening Day!

This will be the fifth year in a row that I will open the Chicago Cubs season by wearing my jersey to work. In year one I went with the vintage Jody Davis #7. The last four years I've celebrated in the home alternate blue, game used, #25 Dave Hansen jersey. Who was Dave Hansen you ask? Well, that's what wikipedia is for - do your own homework. Today I will be celebrating wearing the appropriate road grey uni, as the Cubs open in Houston. Although he will be starting the season in AAA Iowa; I'm still a faithful fan to #29 Jeff Samardzija



--
Did I mention my boss is a Cardinals fan?


-- Posted From My gold encased iPhone



Wrigleyville Irish

2 comments:

  1. Well played, sir, well played. I hope there are Cubbie parkas this opening day if the Nothside anything like the winter suckerpunch we got across the Lake. Maybe it'll be like Da Bears playing a home game in a blizzard - a distinct, however arctic, home team advantage. GO CUBS GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samardzija should be in Houston instead of Iowa. Love the jersey!

    ReplyDelete